Company: ADNOC OFFSHORE (Previously ADMA & ZADCO)
Work Location: ADNOC HQ, Abu Dhabi
- Subject Matter Expert for Technical Safety, Risk Management and Loss Prevention aspects in Company Corporate level and Project execution.
- Reviews, recommends, advises, participates, analyzes and conducts Technical Safety Studies, drawings, plans, procedures, HSE Impact Assessment (HSEIA), QRA, EEERA, Projects HSE Reviews (PHSER), Risk Assessments, HAZOP Reviews, HAZID Reviews for all green field and brown field projects/modifications carried out on any of the Company’s installation.
- Reviews and provides professional advice on design requirements for Active & Passive fire protection, F&G detection, safety and lifesaving systems guided by the Company’s HSE philosophies as well as Local and International Safety Design Codes/Standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Technical Safety, Process Safety Engineering & Loss Prevention
- Subject Matter Expert for Technical Safety, Process Safety Engineering & Loss Prevention
- Provide Safety and Loss prevention support to corporate and project level to support ADNOC Offshore Corporate objective of preventing accidents, injuries, and asset/ business loss.
- Provide support to multi-discipline project team in Conceptual (Assess/Select), Front End Design (Define) and Detailed Engineering/ EPC (Execute).
- Prepare/ review scope of work for Project Contractors and HSE Consultants for all Technical Safety and Loss Prevention activities.
- Conduct technical evaluation for selection of Engineering/EPC Contractors and Technical HSE/ 3rd Party HSE Studies Consultants.
- Coordinate/ Liaise with other Corporate HSE teams and support Project team on basic issues related to Environmental & Occupational Health issues as well as Construction/ Operation HSE issues.
- Review design works of Engineering/ EPC Contractors /Consultant’s Technical HSE works and ensure compliances with Company HSEMS/ HSE requirements, international standards, risk based assessments and engineering norms. Should have sound knowledge and understanding of ADNOC COPs/Guidelines, different international codes /standards and multinational oil & gas operating company practices related to Technical HSE and LP engineering including but not limited to API, NFPA, BS, EI, OGP etc.
- Review and approve drawings and technical documents for all Technical Safety and Loss Prevention related work.
- Attend, participate and technically contribute in all HSE Workshops and Reviews including but not limited to HAZOP, PHA (HAZID, ENVID, OHRA), Bow-tie, ALARP Workshops, SIL/LOPA, Layout Safety Review, Project Risk Assessment, Constructability Review, Dropped Object, SIMOPS, PHSER, PSSR.
- Interpretation of Physical Effects Modelling and Quantitative Risk Assessment and experience in industry safety studies modelling software’s.
- Perform/ review all HSE studies including but not limited to HSEIA (COMAH, EIA, OHRA, Bow-tie, ERP), IVR, QRA, FRA/FERA/FESA, ESSA, Consequence modelling, CFD, HSECES Performance Standard/ WSE etc.
- Contributes to and provides professional input to the HSE Expertise Technical Committees and Working Parties formulated by ADNOC-OPCO’s for specific Technical HSE issues.
- Provide technical assistance, coordination and liaison with other discipline engineers within the Company on all aspects of engineering / technical matters.
- Participate as Company representative specialist on fire protection systems inspection and performance testing at Vendor's workshop or at Company Sites.
- Prepares, reviews, surveys, audits, produces assessment reports, recommend corrective actions, design modifications and methodology enhancement as required on the existing fire and safety protection/detection systems, Emergency Shut Down systems, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Safety Charts and Safety Philosophies on all Company sites.
- Participate in site surveys of facilities to establish and identify the actual requirements.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the functional budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Unit / Divisional policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the function in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
Qualification, Experience & Knowledge Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Similar Discipline. Safety Engineering or equivalent degree in an engineering / technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience in an Engineering/ Technical HSE position in Oil/ Gas or Petrochemical industry, of which at least 5 years of offshore HSE/ Loss Prevention Engineering and Safety Studies.
- Membership of recognised International Safety Organisation will be an added advantage.