Company: ADNOC OFFSHORE (Previously ADMA & ZADCO)
Work Location: ADNOC HQ, Abu Dhabi
Job Purpose: Optimizes the availability, reliability and service life of major Rotating Machinery (gas turbines, turbo-compressors, pumps and diesel engines) at ADNOC Offshore operation sites at US & NS Fields. Determines the required Maintenance Strategy for major Rotating Machinery to achieve target in a very cost-effective manner. Prepares scheduling and implementation programs of major Rotating Machinery overhauls and inspections as required.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Monitors major Rotating Machinery operational and maintenance data, trends and recommends / implements changes in maintenance strategy as necessary to improve performance. Performs professional trouble shooting and failure analysis on the failed Rotating Machinery/components and makes recommendations to improve reliability.
- Prepares Scope of Work for the contracts/tenders of overhauls, inspections and repairs of major Rotating Machinery and all technical documents drawings for tendering. Communicates with Commercial Division to clarify all technical queries raised by the contractors.
- Follows up and coordinates the implementation of overhaul inspections and repairs contracts related to Rotating Machinery, on site and at the contractor workshops. Evaluates and reviews the performance of the awarded contractors.
- Review requirements of spare parts for Rotating Machinery in coordination with the supervisor in order to achieve the availability of the spares required with the minimum possible stock value. Clarifies technical queries raised by spare parts suppliers and recommends alternative solutions accordingly.
- Follows up application of HSE procedures rule, regulation, and ensures full awareness of HSE rules by all subordinates/contractors as work progress. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Team Leader such as producing necessary reports, updating Team Leader on the main activities on weekly basis.
- Contacts Rotating Machinery manufacturers/ OEM continuously to update the associated service bulletins. Keeps Site Engineers aware of the new manufacturers’ recommendations and methods of repairs/inspections, and follows up the implementation as necessary.
- Acts as a Machinery Technical Custodian, review the requirements of spare parts for Rotating Machinery in order to achieve the availability of the spares as per the exact requirements with the minimum possible stock value.
- Guides, directs and supervises subordinates to ensure they work to their best potential and contribute effectively as a Team.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Works according to Company’s established policy, procedures approved work programs and professional engineering standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepare various maintenance and progress reports for Company Management
Qualification, Experience & Knowledge Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- 12+ Years’ experience post qualification engaged as a field engineer associated with major Rotating Machinery operation/ maintenance, and possessing problem analysis and troubleshooting capabilities.