Work Location: Abu Dhabi Offsite, Abu Dhabi
Work Rotation: 28/28 Cycle
Job Purpose: Expert knowledge of various analytical samples including Crude Oil, Gas, Lube Oil, Diesel, Deposits, Water (potable, process, sewage, irrigation), and environmental samples. Caliberate analytical instruments used in gas/oil laboratory and troubleshooting device problems. Ensure safe procedures are used in all areas of work in the laboratory.
- Collect a wide variety of samples from throughout the production process and from utilities on ZIRKU to specified schedules and standing orders.
- Conduct a wide variety of analysis to specified standing instructions and checks all results of analysis performed to check whether they are within defined specifications.
- Notify the operations team the outcome of abnormal test results in time so that immediate remedial action can be taken.
- Train lab technician in methods and analysis (under the guidance of Supervisor, Production (Q&C), to ensure they achieve desired level of competency.
- Provide guidance instruction to lab technician and assistant technician to perform analysis based on agreed standing instructions.
- Take charge of the laboratory in absence of Supervisor, Production (Q&C) under the guidance of Production Manager.
- Checks stocks of Chemicals, glassware and spares in the laboratory and advice the supervisor of potential shortcommings to replenish required items.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of developments in laboratory analysis, particularly in computer applications where available.
- Prepare all required standard/normal solutions for laboratory use.
- Calliberate/verify all instruments against appropriate reference materials.
- Prepare and validate SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for new equipment and test methods.
- Followup of equipment preventive maintenance schedules, daily, weekly, and monthly test schedules and making sure that all required activities are performed.
- Issue work request for materials, repairs, maintenance and calliberation u/c Quality Control Supervisor.
- Record all test and lab activities in LIMS database system.
- Assist the supervisor in the performance appraisal system of the Lab Personnel, if required.
- Carry out the Job function in accordance with HSE commitment and policy to achieve strategic objectives and target stipulated in ADNOC Offshore HSE Management System Document.
- Carries out the duties of the laboratory according to instructions received and standard procedures established.
- Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in operating procedures and functional process.
- Close contact with the Supervisor, regular contact with Production Team (checking & reporting)
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
- 12+ years of experience in Petroleum (Oil & Gas) Quality Control Laboratory.
- Good experience in modern analytical instruments including GC, ICP, IC, Potentiometric Devices.
- Good knowledge of English language (Writing and spoken)